Wednesday, 30 July 2014

LetUsTalk| my go to summer makeup!

WARNING: THIS BLOG POST CONTAINS PICTURES OF A GIRL WEARING NO MAKEUP!!! and a lot of selfies :D 


I absolutely love this makeup look and I have been wearing little else for the past few weeks. It's super easy, fun and long wearing. This is, I think, more of a day time look but in a few weeks time I'll slap some more foundation and eyeliner on and show you my take on a night time look. Hope you enjoy!!!! 




No, no, your eyes are not decieving you, this is me without a stitch of makeup on (ignore last nights eye makeup, my remover is PANTS!) 


I started off with my trusty (and dirty) expert face brush and a good dollop of Nivea 5in1 Beautifying Moisturiser. This is blooming fantastic, it doesn't promise that you will look like Megan Fox, it simply says that it will moisturise your skin and give you a hint of colour, no bullshit! 


This is me looking sexy after application, as you can see it has taken down my redness and hidden some of my smaller imperfections. It also makes me look like I am a very healthy gal and don't secretly sit at home eating box after box of lindor chocolates. 

Let's not kid ourselves, we all need a bit of concealer before we could even consider going out the door. This is my well loved, trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Light 1. I pop this on the bits of my face this need that extra bit of umph! 

Queue brows, so I can stop looking like an egg headed alien and look a teeny bit more human! I am adoring this Anastasia dipbrow pomade. I apply mine with an angled brush and it's stays on, smudge free, all day!!

We're getting there. This Wild Metallic Eyes from Seventeen creates a great base for my eyeshadow and offers a gorgeous sheen and sparkle to the lids. For some reason this doesn't have a shade name , but it's the brown/gold colour. 

My eye shadow of choice had to be this SmashBox baked starburst in fusion soft lights. It simply screams summer and is easily one of my most used eyeshadows, as you can probably tell!! I swish my brush in the lighter colour and apply that to my tear duct and the inner corner. Then, taking the darker colour I blend that into my eye crease and the outer portion with a large fluffy brush. 
           Lancome's Hypnose Star mascara in black makes sure my eyelashes are full of volume and length. Such a beautiful black, long lasting formula! 


I am so so excited to share with you guys the wonder products that created this peachy, sheeny glow all over my cheeks.


This buttery, pigmented blush has not been off my cheeks since I bought it. And would you believe, my makeup lovers, that this was only a pound?! I KNOW!!! It is truly such an amazing blush and I, for one am so glad I happened to bump into the MUA stand that fateful day in Superdrug.


HOLD THE GOD DAMN PHONE!!! Loreal have bought out a matte bronzer!! It's called matte bronze and I have it in golden bronze 6, which I believe is the lightest shade. After years of spending a small fortune on benefit's "hoola" this is incredible. Superb quality and with a penny saving price, this will definitely be my new contour and bronze powder! Enough of me gushing.. I swiped this under my cheek bones and along my temples to tie in with the whole bronzed goddess look. 



To finish the look I added this MUA lipstick in nectar, also a bloody pound!! INSANE!! Again this offers amazing quality and surprising staying power. A definite must in any lipstick lovers makeup bag. 

Here's the finished look and me outta my pjamas and looking a bit more human (I hope). Hope you enjoyed my first ever get ready with me, any suggestions on how to improve are definitely welcomed!!



What are your favourite summer products?




No comments:

Post a Comment