Monday, 25 August 2014

LetUsTalk| pound land purchases






I'd heard on the block that my local Pound land were selling high street brands, now I'm not talking that chit chat stuff that turns your face into an exploding volcano. No, think Rimmel, Loreal, Revlon. When I heard this juicy piece of goss I was fast in my local poundy before you could say bargain bin. Delving into the deep depths of PoundLands beauty shelves I picked up some absolute steals which I would like to share with you lovely people today.


RRP: £6.49  I paid: £1.00 each
The first thing I snatched were these Rimmel "Apocalips" lipstick/lipgloss hybrids. I already love the formulation of these and had already picked up a few in Boots only last week. Imagine my disappointment when I got two for only a pound each!! These both came in little plastic packages to keep sticky fingers at bay and both of the actual tubes were sealed as well. Unfortunately mine didn't come with shade names but one is a lovely raspberry pink and the other one is a big, bright red! 

RRP: £4.49 I paid: £1.00 each
The next things I grabbed were these Rimmel "Scandaleyes eyeshadow paints" they launched last year and weren't really anything that made me sprint to boots/superdrug when they came out. For me, the colours don't seem very workable, so not nothing I would ever buy at full price. However! When things are just a bloody pound they can easily come and join my makeup collection. I will probably get more wear out of the golden bronze shade, but I can always use the silver one as a base for a twist on a smokey eye. 

RRP: £3.49 I paid: £1.00
Is it just me that seems to lose lip liners like nobodies business? I'm genuinely frightened I have some sort of lip liner eating monster in my chest of drawers!! This is a Rimmel exaggerate lip liner in the shade "rich". It's a sort of plummy red colour with a bit too much brown for my taste. However, once I pop some lipstick over the top of it hopefully I will look sane.

Then, came these little babies that sent me pillaging in there in the first place. 
RRP: £6.99 I paid:£1.00
Ok, so I don't know when I'm going to wear this eyeshadow either but look!!! It's sooo pretty!! And it was a pound. Did I mention it was a pound?! Maybe one day ill man up and do a purple smokey eye, but for now I'll just gaze at it longingly. 

RRP: £6.99 I paid:£1.00
This is the colour I was the most excited about and the colour that disappointed me the most. I had visions of Stila's kitten and Naked 2's bootycall. This barely shows up at all (I had to swatch the life outta the pan just to get this much pigment!) and doesn't give me the shimmer I desire. It might work out ok as a base shadow or it might just end up in the bottom of my drawer.. I'll let you know. 

RRP: £6.99 I paid:£1.00
I absolutely bloody love this colour and the photo does not do it any justice whatsoever. It's a sheeny grey, with specks of blue running through it (awful at describing!!!!). I used it today to deepen my crease and fell head over heels in love. Definitely something that's gonna become a firm fave!

All these shadows have the most delicious texture that make me want to spread them on my toast. Pigment is very hit and miss, but all round quality is excellent.

Last, but by no means least is this nail polish.
(This is the old packaging) RRP:£4.49 I paid: £1.00
I have been looking for the perfect "work" shade for sometime now. I can wear nail varnish where I work but I don't wanna take the piss and keep turning up with bright orange polish on. This looks like it could be the one, up to ten days wear (ideal for my lazy self), and the notorious nail hugging brush that Rimmel are all too famous for! I'll do a NOTD post soon and let you know how it goes. 

Did I mention, all this was a POUND?!?? Let me know if you know how Pound land can stock this makeup and WHY it's so darn cheap? My boyfriend is convinced Pound land have been robbing Boots' stock hahahaha. 

Would you ever buy your makeup from Pound land?
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Great haul and the prices were amazing, I love Rimmel Apocalips lip gloss! I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete